Sunday, December 7, 2008

Changes...

This has been a very exciting week, as there have been lots of changes. For the first time, Tanner slept in his own crib, in his own room on Sunday (11.30.2008). I am sure some of you are wondering where did he used to sleep... well, despite me stating that I wouldn't co-sleep - you better believe he has been sleeping in the middle of the bed since around 3 weeks or so. So this is a big transition for us. It was a rather difficult night, he was up several times, which is unusual for him, but overall I thought it went pretty well - considering. Each night got a little better and he now officially sleeps in his crib. I must say that this has been a bigger transition for me since I think he was sleeping in our bed up until now because mommy needed it and enjoyed the snuggle time. So... I am sleeping in the guest bed (which is right next to the crib). :) I know. I know. But don't worry I have only slept in the guest bed all week, I will be sleeping in my bed tonight. It will be good.

Some other changes... apparently I am not producing enough milk to satisfy my little guy, so at night we now supplement with formula. This was a really hard concept for me, and I am still not sure I like it. But I have to do what is best and I want to make sure that my little man is getting enough to eat. So, he now has options. :) He can feed with mommy, which is really enjoyable in the morning and the evenings especially; he can have mommy's milk in a bottle; and he can have formula. The only thing that is good that has come from this recent change is that Nate is now able to feed T-man. And he is really excited about now being able to be a part of that. I am still nursing him as much as I can, but am having to accept the fact that I now have to supplement as well. I guess it is good that he is growing, I was just hoping I would be enough. This has been tough for me this week, but I am getting through it. :)

Lastly, he is talking up a storm. He tells mommy stories all the time. Not quite sure what he is telling me yet, but I am sure it is something amazing. And he is smiling so much. He just recently began laughing. Today I got him to do this deep grown-man-belly laugh. It was the cutest thing ever! He is so much fun! He is constantly amazing us!

1 comment:

Dani said...

I knew at some point you would start a blog! I randomly found you from clicking on many different blogs! I can't wait to read about the life of Tanner :) We need to get together after the holidays so our little men can meet! Love you!